Friday, April 20, 2012

Ben is back from Houston! He was only gone two days but it always feels a little bit like a convent when he is gone, being all women here. We are happy to have him back.

 I got lots of mowing done (all the while thinking about how much better it would be to have a grazing animal because I would honestly rather deal with an animal than a machine any day. Angelica made us crepes for breakfast. I have been experimenting with sourdough and my easter bread recipe. Otherwise we have been very busy getting our house ready for the family who will be staying in it this summer while we are gone.

 That's right. We will be back in Gravagna in Italy for the summer. Mostly this trip will be a chance to be with our families over there. Ben will be inking his third Zita book and I will be doing all the same things I do here but some of them with more relish ( like eating cheese and grocery shopping.) I would like to think that Ben will have time to paint. It is always good to leave your physical goods and conveniences behind. I have a mandatum from Ben that we are only bringing backpacks this time. Every time we go to Gravagna I feel like I come back a little tougher, more like my old world grandmother. I have especially been feeling like I have been getting soft lately.

 Resolutions for the summer include: Read reading list books: Moby Dick, Kristin Lavransdatter(reread) and To Kill a Mockingbird. Watching someone make cheese in the village. Long walks with my girls and my husband. I also would like to use the blog to meditate on little places in the village and life over there. We'll see what kind of internet situation we have. . . . I could add more but

I'll try to keep it simple. Okay time to greet the morning's work.

No comments: