Friday, January 11, 2008





Julia's first week of life is drawing to a close and I think the thing I love the most about having a baby is how it is one of those rare intervals in the whrilwind of life when time slows down to a more gentle humane pace and the days last a long time.

I am loving every minute of staying in bed, oh so much more the third time around because I know that when this ends the life I have resumes its breakneck speed and tomorrow Julia will be one, Angelica reading, and Zita climbing on trees instead of me.

So for now it is sweet sweet, piano. . . piano.

. . . but we did have some big changes this week. The Christmas decorations came down and Julia lost her umbilical cord stump and my milk came in. BIg headlines around here.

4 comments:

Margaret E. Perry said...

oh anna! i love you! you're so funny.

j'aime said...

anna, she is so beautiful. love you!

Caitie B said...

i love this post!

regina doman said...

Love your writing, Anna!