Sunday, September 16, 2007

The new baby's lambskin came in the mail this week. I won it on ebay for real cheaps. I feel a little silly owning three of these now but the girls both sleep on one still and I used them so much when they were little. Then Ben got some checks he forgot about and well there you go, I ordered one for the new baby.

It is the nicsest of the three. The lady auctioning it said she bought it in Germany and it is so soft. I put it in the moses basket and it gave me such a wonderful feeling of anticipation for this new little Hatke.

I read somewhere earlier this week that Indian women used to line the floors of their tents with rabit skins so all the surfaces would be soft for their new babies. I thought that was really sweet. Then I found a rabit skin in my old trunk while I was getting something out for Angelica. It was REALLY soft and Ben suggested lining a little hat for the new baby with it and I think I may do just that.

People might just think we've gone a little tribal here, what with all the animal skins. I just hope the PETA doesn't show up at my door. (or the SSHOA-SHenadnoah Shores Home owners Association.---yikes)

In other news I have made three vain attempts to check out books from the Front Royal Library. I went there to request a book on interlibrary loan and they suggested I buy it for myself on amazon!!! (sigh) Are they TRYING to lose patrons??

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anna, I didn't want to say anything, but the last time Clare and I saw you guys we thought there was something up with all the tribal drums and sculptures and paintings hanging around your place. Now we know.

I never thought the day would come when the library just tells you to buy it on Amazon. Unbelievable.

--Nick-Dog

Anonymous said...

Anna: I mailed your package out today....just wait til you see the present for the new little bambino. It will fit right in with your "tribal" theme! :)
Love, Mama

Ben Hatke said...

I don't know about you, Anna, but _I'm_ trying to lose patrons!