Monday, March 5, 2007

woops. . .

Yikes! I forgot about the movies part. . .

No this is not a picture from Lord of the Rings II.




There is a film hitting our side of the ocean this spring from German filmaker, Philip Gronig. Years back he asked some Carthusian monks if he could make a documentary on their life. They said that they would pray about it and over a decade later they called him and said yes. It came to the theatre while we were living in Italy and made a big splash in Europe. (responding to spiritual starvation, I'd say) Anyway its making its way to the next spritially starved part of the world and one can only pray that it will do good here as well. Now I have to say I haven't seen it yet. But the Catholic reviews thus far seem good and in any event if it doesn't play in your city you may do well to Netflix it. Here's the link. I hope its as good as folks say. We could all do with a little more silence in our lives. . . .

For more info go here. http://www.diegrossestille.de/english/

2 comments:

Wife of a Soldier said...

::coming out of the shadows::
Hey! You probably don't remember me, but I am a fellow Christendom grad. Mara (Mirus) Vaughn and I actually met you while visiting the college right before you started dating Ben :) I love reading your blogs - old and new. Very inspirational as I am a mommy of one and wife to a hardworking hubby as well :) Just wanted to say I love your switch to blogger and keep up the good work. Your girls are darling!
~Laura (Williams) Ross

Floaty said...

Ana,

Taking photo three bird.

Go into silence, strong film, monk is quiet, maybe do prayer, cook, sled.. He would look to three bird, too, not take photo though.